We operate from our facilities in Toronto, Canada. This multi-functional
facility comprises our head offices and design studios, specialty workshops,
showrooms and water feature testing areas.
TropicsNorth is an interdisciplinary Design Build firm specializing in
the conception, fabrication and installation of water features, interior
landscapes and natural themed environments for the commercial and residential
client. The staff of TropicsNorth have provided creative, effective and
successful design solutions to reflect the image and needs of the most
discerning clients for over 15 years.
We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with your team in determining
solutions to your challenges. Please call to arrange an appointment or
visit us at your convenience.
Our experience in Design Build combined with our extensive variety
of product lines in live, natural and fabricated products allows us
to serve up the best in unique concepts, custom fabrication and cost
effective construction. We work closely with the owner, designer and
contractor to ensure that aesthetic and functional criteria are achieved
on time and within budget.
We design and fabricate in-house extensively in the following disciplines:
· water features, hydraulics and filtration
· metal fabrication in stainless steel, copper, and brass
· Natural stone fabrication in slate, granite, limestone, marble, onyx,
· glass and fabricated products including acrylics and solid surfacing
· lighting systems, underwater and above ground
· interior landscape plantings, live and fabricated
· artificial tree fabrication
· specialty aquariums
Our design department uses only the latest versions of CAD software.
We regularly work with existing designs and concepts, or we can integrate
our ideas throughout most stages of the design and construction process.
TropicsNorth has provided consultation and design services for these
disciplines for many years. Please call to discuss the options available
A preliminary meeting or review of design documents
is arranged to discuss the project concepts, design intent,
budget and time lines.
A general proposal is submitted for client review. Discussions
are conducted to revise the design intent or budget accordingly.
Acceptance of Proposal:
Upon acceptance of our proposal, we will commence shop
drawings and renderings as required to illustrate the design
intent based on the complexity of the project.
Drawings are reviewed, modified as required and signed off by
· Commence of fabrication, trial testing of water
features, lighting systems and other mechanical components.
· Our water feature testing areas are frequently used for the
setup and trial run of the actual water features, or a scale model version,
depending on the size and complexity of the design. This method provides
valuable insight into the dynamics of the water flow and movement specific
to each feature. Lighting effects are also tested at this time to ensure
design intent is accomplished. scale modeling can be provided upon request.
· We crate and deliver and install as required upon completion of component
Commissioning and Sign off:
TropicsNorth will install, start up and run the water
feature and provide training and maintenance manuals as required.
TropicsNorth can provide design services for the following disciplines:
· water features consultation services for the conceptual and functional
· indoor landscapes and themed environments, both live and fabricated
· irrigation systems for interior plantings
· electrical and lighting plans
· drawings are provided in CAD format unless specified otherwise
Please contact us to discuss the options available to you.
Our water feature testing areas are frequently used for the setup and
trial run of the actual water features, or a scale model version, depending
on the size and complexity of the design. This method provides valuable
insight into the dynamics of the water flow and movement specific to each
feature. Lighting effects are also tested at this time to ensure design
intent is accomplished.
Scale modeling can be provided on request.
Continued Professional Maintenance services are available for
· waterfalls and water features both indoor and outdoor
· tropical plantings and interior landscapes
· marine aquariums, freshwater aquariums and pond life
· plant replacement and colour rotation programs